Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Venus Cove. But everything changes when three angels are sent from heaven to protect the town against the gathering forces of darkness: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. They work hard to conceal their true identity and, most of all, their wings. But the mission is threatened when the youngest angel, Bethany, is sent to high school and falls in love with the handsome school captain, Xavier Woods. Will she defy the laws of Heaven by loving him? Things come to a head when the angels realize they are not the only supernatural power in Venus Cove. There′s a new kid in town and he′s charming, seductive and deadly. Worst of all, he′s after Beth.

From Goodreads.com




     
            As I was looking through my bookshelf, I was contemplating on which book to review first. I have read some many wonderful books lately; I had a pretty hard time choosing. It’s a good problem to have! After quite a lot of debating I decided on Halo. Ally has become a friend, and in honor of her US tour (which is going on right now) I decided to share this story with you.
            When I received my copy, I didn’t know what to expect. Sure, I’ve heard a few people mention the book, and Alexandra herself, but she was a completely new author to me. From page one Alexandra pulls you in with a story that is so well written, it takes your breath away. What shocked me the most is that the book is written in first person. Never before have I felt so close to a seventeen year old angel. I could feel her emotions, relate to her challenges. The use of words, descriptions, and senses make for a book that is hard to put down.
            Your love for the characters is established right off the bat. Once you’re engrossed in the story, Xander is introduced. When Xander walked unto that page, I was squealing like a teenage girl. Every female, young or old, can relate to the idea of this character; the boy who loves you for who you are, with no reservations. I would fight Bethany for him. (I think guys should read this book to pick up a few pointers). Alexandra allows you to meet each character, get to know them at good steady pace, and find common ground with each one.
            This story is not just about angels. It is about love, life, and the choices each of us must make in order to live our lives to the fullness. Halo is book One in a Three-book series, and I cannot wait for the next chapter. I have already handed over my book to someone else to read. Alexandra is a wonderful writer, and I highly recommend this book to anyone.

Much love,
Valia

P.S. If you have read this book, I would love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment