Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Die for Me by Amy Plum

DIE FOR ME is the first of three books about Kate, a sixteen-year-old American who moves to Paris after the death of her parents. It introduces a new version of the undead with revenants, beings who are fated to sacrifice themselves over and over again to save others’ lives. Kate finds herself falling for Vincent, who she discovers is not the typical French teenager he appears: he is something else entirely. 

DIE FOR ME presents a new supernatural mythology presented in a city where dreams are sometimes the same as reality


From Goodreads.com



This book is amazing! Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. :) There are so many things about it I loved. First of all, it’s set in France. It fit the story perfectly. Second of all, the characters where so much fun. The main character Kate was a real character with real problems (well, until the supernatural set in). She loses her parents and then has to move to a completely different country. Her struggles in the beginning of the book makes you want to see if this girl will have a happy ending. Once the supernatural element is introduced the story becomes really unforgettable. Enter, Vincent. Oh I like Vincent! One of my favorite things about him is probably the smirk. His confidence is present but he’s also a hopeless romantic and no girl can withstand that. When Kate is pulled into his world and his heart, nothing remains the same. Honestly, I enjoy the full cast of characters in this book. Amy has a way with words that brings the characters right off the page. 
Amy Plum pulls you into a story that kept me up a few nights! I cannot wait to find out what happens next! Can book two be available now, please? I said please! :-)
“Die For Me” comes out May 10th, 2011. I would love to hear your thoughts on this story.
Happy reading, 
Valia

2 comments:

  1. "Die for me" is on my TBR pile. Good review girl =) Hopefully the paranormal aspect of the book won't be too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!! I loved this book as well. My review is here: http://thecaitfiles.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-die-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete